Sunday 4 January 2015

Day 4/365

New Year's resolutions are funny things. I'm turning 30 this year and any thoughts I've had about things I might like to change up to this point in my life are pretty similar every year. It gets to feel like you're ringing in the next year with a list of all your faults, and I'm not about that these days. Nobody is going to win all the things and save all the money and fit into all the pants and get all the promotions. Not in one year.

This year I'm going to do it differently. I'm going to keep note of all the great and amazing and tiny and smile-inducing and bittersweet and grand things that happen to me, every day for the year. 

Today I hung out with my friends who just celebrated their first year of marriage and they filled me with delicious beverages like whisky, cinnamint flavoured tea and Turkish coffee. We caught up and then I got to sit on their couch while Kate did a bit of crossword. Then I got to watch about 20 minutes of Matrix Re-Something (Rewired? Replugged? Too soon?) with Phill and then I got to go home, drink a beer and watch a movie with Justin Timberlake in it.

Not each daily post will be of the "what I did today and what I ate for breakfast" type things, but it is today. Because I'm too tired for cleverness.

More did happen, but it's a secret. It involves a stolen rose, and I didn't hate it one bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment