Monday 7 October 2013

treasure: adventure

i've had a lovely long weekend so far (and it's not even finished yet! happiness!) which included some moving house, some unpacking, some essay finishing, a bit of theatre, a bushwalk, a sunday session, time with some lovely ladies, a really good cup of coffee, and some music while i decorate my new space.

loved it. so nice to settle in, so nice to have a room with so much sunlight and potential.

and lovely to get out into the world yesterday. here's a few pics from my weekend.

Top of the mountain to ya!

Best bushwalking hat - stolen from my brother (if you leave it in my car, it officially becomes my hat)

Cascades Walk at New England National Park

Some of my favourites, really.

"And then I realised adventure was the best way to learn. And so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer and some winter, some roses blooming out like children in a play. My hope is your story will be about changing, about getting something beautiful born inside of you, about learning to love a woman or a man, about learning to love a child, about moving yourself around water, around mountains, around friends, about learning to love others more than we love ourselves... We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?"  --- Donald Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment