Monday 2 May 2011

happy birthday ellie




the cake is a lot... smaller... than i'd hoped it might be.

Dear Ellie,

I love you.
You are my best friend.
Sometimes I am very lazy and don't talk to you for a long while. Then other times we text and play Words With Friends a lot.
I hope, overall, you understand how significant a part you play in my life. Even when my life is over the other side of the world, as it has been for quite some time now.
I think my favourite thing about you is the way you know so much about quite specific things. I know it's due to dedicated internet time, but I respect the fact you remember things, as it turns out I never remember anything about anything.
I had so much fun spending time with you in Sydney during my visit. I think my favourite was when you patiently explained to me how to get to King's Cross (really a lot harder than it should have been, but we know what I'm like in Sydney don't we) and once I got there we ate many dumplings... then after that ordered some more and sniggered at all the suckers waiting for their food. A whole bottle of wine. And then some good quality golden gaytimes on the train ride home.
You and I have a pretty special connection. Like the way you read my mind. And the way you always say the right thing. By the way, I do need to dissect the (lack of) love life with you again soon, no new developments but more to tell. And I can promise you, you're going to be on my side. That's why I love you.

You are lovely, witty and charming.

And your bunnies, while very noisy at times, are also quite charming.

Love you love you!

Happy birthday sexy legs.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment