Monday 10 January 2011

treasure: at least i still have all my arms and legs

does anyone else ever feel like there's all this stuff they need to sit down and figure out, but they keep getting drunk and then trying to survive the hangover?


or is this just me?


there is a certain beauty in the day-to-day existence of the whistler party lifestyle, and it certainly has been good for someone like me who was, up until moving here, planning life as i knew it for the next 10 years...


still, there are a few things that have hit me one after the other... some literal, like an out-of-control skier yesterday, who took me out in an undeniable fashion. like if someone made that into a cartoon, they would have to draw up one of those 'wham' sound effects bubbles. this is not a metaphor for anything, i just got hit by a skier. could have been worse, hence the title of my post, but if it had just, you know, not. happened. at. all., that would also have been quite nice.


one of the other big ones is that i keep meeting these amazing folk and they keep leaving me. i don't even want to think about the end of the season, i am just going to appreciate each day of hanging out with people who make me laugh, who i can rave about powder with, who don't laugh at me too much when i fall off chairlifts (because i do, all the time, it's some sort of curse). people who are happy (or, happy enough) being themselves make me happy, and then everyone's happy...


sometimes you're faced with the circumstances where you meet someone amazing, and there's all this potential, and then they just ... leave the country.


nothing to be done.


and, man, don't even get me started on what i'm going to be when i grow up. or even, what am i doing after may this year, when the snowboarding is over?


at least i still have all my arms and legs.
(this shall be my mantra for 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment